At the international fair in Cologne, Italian brands have shown quality, sturdiness and spot-on new makeover
Cologne is notoriously the exhibition landmark coming before Milan: whether in Italy are mostly exhibited the latest products, in Germany Italian companies tend to show their consolidated design pieces to a 30% non-European public. Therefore at the stands were exposed important furnishings, which showed the brand’s identity and tradition. But there also have been successful innovations of long seller products, candidates for success as the new launches. Here are the 8 pieces of furniture that seemed to us more remarkable, following the order of the photos in the gallery:
- The aerodynamic Speed table has been designed by Karim Rashid for the collection Authentic Living, made by Riva 1920 in collaboration with Automobili Lamborghini.
- Riva 1920, in its open plan stand, presented more novelties, well-known pieces presented with a new look, and above all the innovative collection Authentic Living, in partnership with Automobili Lamborghini. The Finesse bookshelves, design Karim Rashid, is part of this line.
- Thanks to the design by Fabio November,Kartell has renewed with irony one of his cult series: i Componibili by Anna Castelli Ferrieri have become terrifically appealing! In a word, they maintain their ‘cylindrical’ functionality of award-winning containers since 1967, but take the look of the third millennium emojis.
- The series Flow Chair, design Jean-Marie Massaud forMDF Italia, has turned 10 and now has a new name – Flow Chair Color. The color range was actually renovated, and a new quilted version was added.
- Flexform follows the New Normal trend: on the stand designed by Antonio Citterio, on islands-living areas revolving around strong pieces, was exposed the Monreale table designed by the architect himself. This is a remarkable yet understated table, all in solid wood with inverted V legs and cantilevered top to comfortably accommodate up to 10 guests.
- Paolo Castelli introduced himself in Cologne with the headline: Inspiration – The house on elegance, and in this frame of neoclassical lines and precious materials, stood out for originality Orus Dormeuse, seductive form that resembles a grand piano and rests on many cross-legs with a matte gold finish.
- The world of the outdoor was enriched by the collections Moon design Marco Acerbis (in photo) and Domino design Cristian Visentin for Talenti, well-known brand specializing in outdoor furniture.
Zefiro, design Antonio Citterio for Flexform, continues the tradition of major yet light tables, available in many sizes and shapes, with tops in wood or marble.